firms products
Decision on Bourgas-Alexandroupolis pipeline pushed back to September 30

Decision on Bourgas-Alexandroupolis pipeline pushed back to September 30Bulgaria's Environment Ministry has extended again, until September 30, the submission deadline for the updated environmental impact assessment on the Bourgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline project, the ministry told state news agency BTA on August 22.

The new deadline was requested in mid-July by Trans Balkan Pipeline, the international project company behind the project, 51 per cent owned by Russian companies, with the remaining 49 per cent stake being equally split between Bulgaria and Greece.

In late June, Environment Minister Nona Karadjova gave the investor two more months to present the reworked study, saying no more delays would be tolerated. The minister then said the environmental impact report had to be fleshed out as its content was insufficient to make an objective and comprehensive decision. The ministry has so far rejected the assessment three times.

According to Moscow's estimates, Sofia should contribute 7.3 million euro for the stalled project. The Bulgarian Government raised by 150 000 leva the capital of Project Company Bourgas - Alexandroupolis Oil Pipeline BG in the middle of July to keep the company operational until the fate of the project was clear. The pipeline is expected to carry 35 million tons of oil a year.

23 August 2011 - Dnevnik

No comments

oil pipeline, Bourgas - Alexandroupolis, oil pipeline projects

more from industrial sites

Privacy policy Terms of use   Home Print  
About us Contact us Advertise Partners
  Created by